Friends of St. Pius V can enjoy an evening out and support St. Pius V Parish’s family counseling program by attending “Noche de Gala” at 8:00 p.m., Friday, February 12, 2016 at Crystal Sky Banquets, 7941 W. 47th Street, McCook, IL 60525.
The inclusive package includes dinner, dancing, drinks, fun activities, and admission to another theater event* this month for a donation of $100 per person. Parking is free. All are welcome!
Funds raised will support the parish-based family counseling program, HOPE at St. Pius V.
For information or tickets call 312-226-6161.
*We are pleased to partner with Family Bridges in their production of “Los Secretos de Santa Mónica,” February 17-21 at the Athenaeum Theatre in Chicago. One ticket to our Valentine’s Gala also gets one person into a showing of this wonderful stage production!
Please celebrate with us the most solemn events of the Church year. Here is our Holy Week Schedule:
Tuesday March 31. 6:30 pm
Seder Meal. An adaptation of the Passover celebration in the Jewish tradition, free will offering, in church hall.
Wednesday, April 1, 6:30-7:30 pm
Individual confessions, church
Thursday, April 2, 7:00 pm
Mass of the Lord’s Supper, bilingual, church
Friday, April 3, 3:00 pm
Service of the Passion, English, church
Friday, April 3, 7:00 pm
Service of the Passion, and Seven Last Words of Jesus, Spanish, church
Saturday, April 4, 7:00 pm
Easter Vigil, bilingual, church
Sunday, April 5, Easter Sunday
7:45 am Mass in English
9:15 am Mass in Spanish
11:15 am Mass in English
1:15 pm Mass in Spanish
4:30 pm Mass in Spanish
6:30 pm Mass in Spanish
Opportunities to serve at St. Pius V
St. Pius V invites everyone to serve in our parish community. Many ministries offer opportunities to serve others.
- Serve in our secondhand store, 1854 S. Ashland, Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Help sort clothing and serve customers.
- Serve in our food pantry (Tuesdays from 2:00 to 5:00pm) making bags of food for families in need.
- Serve in our soup kitchen preparing and serving food and cleaning up afterwards on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10:00am to 1:30pm.
- Serve as a catechist or catechist helper on Sundays to help form our children and youth learn about their faith.
- Help one person with disabilities learn about the faith by serving in SPRED.
- Serve as a minister in one of the Masses, either as a lector, commentator, usher, greeter or minister of communion.
- Sing or play an instrument in the choir for one or more Masses on Sundays.
- Serve by helping in our parish office by doing data entry, filing, or helping with mailings.
To volunteer or learn more about serving at St. Pius V, contact the parish office at 312-226-6161.
For the second time, St. Pius V will welcome the University of Chicago Motet Choir for a soaring musical performance at 7:00 pm on Saturday, January 24, 2015 in the church at 1901 S. Ashland Ave. in Chicago’s Pilsen neighborhood.
“The performance last year was magnificent,” said Fr. Brendan Curran, OP, St. Pius V pastor. “We look forward to the same glorious music this year.”
UC Motet choir is the premiere choral ensemble at the University of Chicago. A strong grounding in the music of the Renaissance forms the foundation for a distinctive approach to a cappella masterpieces of all cultures and time periods. They have promised to perform some selections of Renaissance music from Spain and Latin America as well as some selections by contemporary composers.
The concert is a free community service of the UC Motet Choir. Donations are gratefully received. Light refreshments will be served in the parish hall following the concert.
For more information contact the parish by email or call 312-226-6161.